Negative effects of stress on the body?

Home Forums Indiana Hoosiers Discussion Negative effects of stress on the body?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jazzy
    Participant

Stress is a set of physiological and psychological reactions of the body to a certain stimulus – the so-called stress factor. Depending on the duration of exposure, short-term and chronic stress are distinguished. These two conditions have different effects on human health, so it is worth understanding their essence in more detail.

A person is exposed to short-term (acute) stress for a limited period of time. The reason for it may be criticism from the boss at the meeting, a sudden conflict on the street, a sports competition. It is quite possible to benefit from this state, because during acute stress the amount of energy temporarily increases, physical strength and concentration increase, a person becomes gambling and active. This mobilization allows you to better cope with an extreme situation. Of course, the state of acute stress does not always have a positive effect and has a stimulating effect: for example, a person may fall into a stupor or start to panic. However, when the threat passes, the body quickly restores its physiological parameters to normal values ​​after a short-term stress.

Unfortunately, long-term and regular exposure to stress factors is much worse for a person. So, when working in a complex team with a “toxic” boss, living in a disadvantaged area with a high crime rate or a constant threat of conflict with a loved one, stress becomes chronic – the body is in constant tension, its cardiovascular, nervous and other systems experience increased load.

A prolonged state of stress can lead to a breakdown in adaptive mechanisms and the development of chronic pathologies – hypertension, coronary heart disease, immunodeficiency, as well as depression and other health problems.

It is necessary to distinguish stress from nervous tension. Nervous tension is also a very unpleasant condition, but still refers to mental unrest, while stress is not complete without significant physiological changes and hormonal surges.

wellos
    Participant

Good day to all! Capsules helped me a lot with this problem and I recommend buying it from Cornbread Hemp https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/products/full-spectrum-cbd-capsules . If you have had insomnia for a long time and you do not really want to take sleeping pills, then I think this will be the best solution for you. Well, at least these capsules helped me literally for 2 days. Good luck ans try it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.