Archie Miller and the Hoosiers add two more offers to the stacked class of 2021 and this time from outside the borders of Indiana. Both players, Aminu Mohammed and Franck Kapnang are top-25 players and play combo guard/wing and center, respectively. These are the first two additions by Coach Miller to the 2021 recruiting board that have resulted from the July recruiting live evaluation period.
No. 15 Aminu Mohammed
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5-Star Combo Guard / Wing, 6-4, 175 pounds
- Teams: Archbishop Carroll (Washington, DC, Freshman) / Greenwood Laboratory School (Springfield, MO)
- Composite Rating: 0.9953
- Composite Ranking: 15th Overall, 4th Small Forward, 1st in State
- Offered: July 17, 2019
- Other Schools Offered: Florida, Kansas State, Louisville, Maryland, Missouri State, Seton Hall, Towson
Aminu Mohammed is a 6’4″, 175 lb combo guard from Greenwood Laboratory School. He averaged 34.2 points and 17.5 rebounds through the sophomore season. He helped Greenwood win its first basketball state championship in 77 years last season and won the Missouri Gatorade Basketball Player of the Year award. The team won just seven games last season.
There has been interest between Aminu and the Hoosiers for some time now as Aminu and his guardian were planning to head to Indiana this winter for an unofficial visit. They are planning on taking another trip to Bloomington this summer. Coach Miller watched Mohammed play last week at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam
He holds offers from multiple top programs including Maryland, Florida, Kansas State, Louisville and Seton Hall. There are no crystal ball predictions at this point.
No. 24 Franck Kepnang
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4-Star Center, 6-10, 220 pounds
- Teams: Westtown School (West Chester, PA)
- Composite Rating: 0.9894
- Composite Ranking: 24th Overall, 3rd Center, 2nd in State
- Offered: July 17, 2019
- Other Schools Offered: Connecticut, Fordham, Pittsburgh, Saint Louis, Syracuse, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Washington
Franck Kepnang is a 6’10”, 220 lb center from West Chester, PA. His presence will be felt on the court no matter what team he plays for with his 7-foot-4 wingspan. He will be a defensive force that the Hoosiers will benefit from greatly if he chooses to join the Hoosiers. He also played at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam. He is right on the border between being a four and five-star prospect and depending on the source, he has the talent to be rated a full five.
Archie Miller must have been impressed with the way that Franck Kepnang played at the Nike EYBL Peach Jam. Kepnang is not a player known to light up the score board, but his presence and defense first mindset will fit perfectly with the Hoosiers.
He holds offers from multiple top schools including Connecticut, Saint Louis, Syracuse, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Washington. There is no crystal ball prediction at this time.
Featured Photo: Jon Lopez / Nike