The highly recruited 5-star 6’11” forward Dawson Garcia will make his official visit to Indiana this month on October 25-27th. He has previously announced his top seven schools on September 17 – North Carolina, Arizona, Memphis, Indiana, Kansas, Marquette, Minnesota.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5-Star Power Forward, 6-11, 220 pounds
- Teams: Prior Lake High School (Prior Lake, Minnesota) / D1 Minnesota (Minnesota)
- 247Sports Rating: 98
- 247 Ranking: 22nd overall, 3rd PF, 2nd in MN.
- Indiana Offered: April 30, 2019
- Top Schools: North Carolina, Arizona, Memphis, Indiana, Kansas, Marquette, Minnesota.
Dawson is currently the 22nd overall recruit and 3rd power forward in the class of 2020 per 247Sports. Indiana already has three major commitments for the class of 2020 with Trey Galloway, Anthony Leal and Jordan Geronimo. These three bring the total to two new shooting guards and a small forward. Indiana still has one open scholarship spot for the class of 2020 as well.
There is currently no solid crystal ball prediction for Dawson as it is currently split 50/50 with Marquette and undecided based on two votes.
Of note, Dawson will be visiting Indiana on a weekend where there will not be a home football game as the team will be in Nebraska. Indiana basketball will open its season on October 29th against Gannon in an exhibition. They will also play a closed scrimmage against Marquette on October 20th.
Featured Image: Jim Hawkins/Inside Carolina