With the conclusion of the regular season, the Big Ten handed out its annual conference accolades last night. Two Hoosiers were amongst those recognized.
Romeo Langford was named to the All-Big Ten second-team, as selected by the conference’s coaches, and the third-team, as selected by the media. Langford was also named to the Big Ten All-Freshman team, alongside Michigan’s Ignas Brazdeikis, Illinois’s Ayo Dosunmu, Maryland’s Jalen Smith, and Iowa’s Joe Wieskamp. Today, Langford received a few more honors as he was named to the USBWA All-District and AP Second-Team All-Big Ten teams. Langford finished the regular season averaging 16.7 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 2.3 assists.
Juwan Morgan was named to All-Big Ten third-team, as selected by the media, and was a honorable mention selection by the coaches. Morgan averaged 15.1 points, a team-high 8.4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1.5 blocks, and 1.2 steals per game.
Other notable awards:
- Big Ten Player of the Year: Cassius Winston (Michigan State)
- Big Ten Coach of the Year: Matt Painter (Purdue)
- Big Ten Freshman of the Year: Ignas Brazdeikis (Michigan)
- Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year: Xavier Tillman (Michigan State)
- Big Time Defensive Player of the Year: Josh Reaves (Penn State)
- Coaches First-Team: Cassius Winston (Michigan State), Carsen Edwards (Purdue), Ethan Happ (Wisconsin), Bruno Fernando (Maryland), and Lamar Stevens (Penn State)
- Media First-Team: Cassius Winston (Michigan State), Carsen Edwards (Purdue), Ethan Happ (Wisconsin), Bruno Fernando (Maryland), and Jordan Murphy (Minnesota)