(Photo: Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images)
The Toronto Raptors intend to activate former Indiana forward OG Anunoby for Game 2 of the 2019 NBA Finals, which takes place tonight at 8 pm ET. Just as the NBA playoffs began, Anunoby had to get an emergency appendectomy surgery that has taken him out for the entirety of the 2019 NBA playoffs. Because of his surgery, OG Anunoby unfortunately has yet to see the floor in the post-season this year.
According to reports, OG Anunoby has now been upgraded to “Probable” status on the Toronto injury report. Earlier last week, the Raptors began discussing their optimism for OG’s return to the line up.
With a one-game lead against the Golden State Warriors, Toronto could use the added depth and defensive flexibility that OG Anunoby provides to the team. Superstar Kawhi Leonard has been heavily utilized by Toronto in these playoffs, averaging upwards 38 minutes per contest. Can OG Anunoby be the serviceable backup to Leonard that can control the floor defensively against an offensive powerhouse?
2019 NBA Finals Schedule and How-to-Watch
- Game 2 (Sunday, June 2nd 8:00 pm ET): Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors on ABC
- Game 3 (Wednesday, June 5th 9:00 pm ET): Toronto Raptors at Golden State Warriors on ABC
- Game 4 (Friday, June 7th 9:00 pm ET): Toronto Raptors at Golden State Warriors on ABC
- Game 5* (Monday, June 10th 9:00 pm ET): Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors on ABC
- Game 6* (Thursday, June 13th 9:00 pm ET): Toronto Raptors at Golden State Warriors on ABC
- Game 7* (Sunday, June 16th 8:00 pm ET): Golden State Warriors at Toronto Raptors on ABC
* If Necessary